Galaxy Overlord Logo


Lately I've been working on a project I'm very excited about. I have been allowed to design the logo for this project, and here is where it's going. 

After finding a helmet design I liked, I tried various crowns. Here were my three favorites:




After choosing the crown on the far right, I began color experimentations. I did something like thirty or forty different color schemes (the following is not all the colors I tried):


The idea was to keep our color schemes in line with sci-fi art trends from the 1970's. They liked to blend warm neutral colors back in those days, with maybe one saturated color for emphasis. Part of me kept saying, "yeah, but cool colors are cool," so I threw some in here and there and tried some warm/cool contrasts. 

In the end, my brother, who is the originator of this project idea, and I narrowed down our favorite color scheme, being blue and red. I then did some subtle variations on that theme:




In the end we decided to go for the last one. It was a difficult choice, out of so many colors, but we think this one conveys the spacey mood we're going for best of all.


Comments